857lover

kwik way loader hydraulic pump

857lover

so i’ve made some progress since my last post the subframe and crossbar is fully done and this is where i’m at i don’t have a pump and i’m curious what kind of pump i should have how it mounts up ect…

image.jpg

wallfish

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?Ntt=.517+hydraulic+pump

You will need to make a bracket to mount it. Get a 4 inch pulley for it and use a belt off the PTO pulley to spin it

IMO The uprights are too far forward. The further the distance the bucket is away from the front axle, the more difficult it's going to be to steer and the more counter weight needed on the rear. Sure, you can get on and off the tractor a lot easier but what's the point if it doesn't perform well when you're on it? It also makes it more difficult to maneuver because it's so much longer. Put the bucket on the boom arms and try to get it closer to the front tires if you can. :twocents-02cents:

It's difficult to see the pump bracket but the top right pump was for the loader. I don't have it any more to get you a better bracket pic. The other pump is the same one linked above

pumps.jpg.49846583f3db21e2623b0616dfa83219.jpg

• Like 1

JCM

Don't have any close up pics of the pump mounting, if you zoom in behind the right front wheel you can see the pump. Also the position of the uprights. Hope this helps

P1012411.JPG

P1012411.JPG

P1012449.JPG

P1012445.JPG

wallfish

It might just be the angle of the pic but Jim's upright is back near the rear of the hood whereas it appears yours is closer to the PTO

• Like 1

857lover
19 minutes ago, wallfish said:

It might just be the angle of the pic but Jim's upright is back near the rear of the hood whereas it appears yours is closer to the PTO

it’s right about where the break pedal is

image.jpg

lynnmor

Here is my Northern pump mounted:

139368790_LoaderPump.JPG.0e6eddbae11dbbeb471783cfed8e925c.JPG

The four bolts on the left go thru the original subframe, I made the dogleg part for the new pump so that the belt clears the PTO clutch hoop.

JoeM

8 hours ago, wallfish said:

IMO The uprights are too far forward

:text-yeahthat: especially on none power steering machines.

I have found a rule of thumb for aligning the loader is to have the vertical towers inline with the steering column. Keep in mind if you think your going to use the loader on a machine with a forward swept axle, need to keep it an extra 4 inches forward of the front wheel as compared to a standard axle tractor. 

Have to use a pump that can be side loaded for use with a belt. Plus size for GPM to your system. The more GPM the faster the movement. With 1 1/2" cylinders I like 6 gpm at 3600 rpm. That will allow you to slow the engine rpm down if you need fine control or critical movements. Like loading something in the back of a truck and not wanting to jerk and bang up the bed. 

1580572857_CaptureConcentricHydraulicGearPumpMotorModels.JPG.7a4429ed08dd42d147af375e978584ca.JPG

812713932_CaptureConcentricHydraulicGearPumpMotorGPMperModel.JPG.2d77799afbae8c7cb8a9bc57e721ca94.JPG

• Like 1

Pullstart

This was a clever mount.  You can see it quite well in the video.  It attached to the tower and had a long bolt for adjustment.  It was a square tube inside a square tube.  The bolt is at the cap of the tube, where it is pulling the pump away from the PTO for tension.

Pullstart

Keep in mind that you’ll want to give the towers lateral support.  Most folks triangulate a tube or bar towards the front tach-a-matic from the top of the tower.  It can be bolt on, but I decided with this build to weld it all up and incorporate it into the front bumper as well.

*fabrication tip!*. My front bumper attaches to the outside of the frame on both sides.  If you were to simply bolt the side pieces to the frame, then weld the bumper together with a cross tube, it would be near impossible to get it together or apart, especially after paint.  Assemble it for welding with shims, as much as a piece of cereal box cardboard, to as much as a washer between the parts.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

8A6614CC-801D-4CE6-B034-9B528892B59D.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

I know nothing about this one, it just popped into my recommendations…. It’s pretty dang impressive!  I think he’s refraining from 3600 rpm because his pump pulley is massive!

• Excellent 1

Blasterdad

It looks way too wide & mounted too low,  the lift cylinders are outside of the front tires...

• Heart 1

857lover
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

This was a clever mount.  You can see it quite well in the video.  It attached to the tower and had a long bolt for adjustment.  It was a square tube inside a square tube.  The bolt is at the cap of the tube, where it is pulling the pump away from the PTO for tension.

i can’t see the video :eusa-think:

857lover
5 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

It looks way too wide & mounted too low,  the lift cylinders are outside of the front tires...

the loader isn’t made for a wheel horse i can’t make it any less wide 

857lover

so what would you put in the front attachamatic to hold the lateral bars that's is ridged enough to bolt the arms too

857lover

@Pullstart what size diameter pulley would you use on the pump

Pullstart

Pretty much 1:1.  If you are running a 4” engine pulley, run a 4” pump pulley.  They aren’t designed to spin faster than an engine.

• Like 1

sjoemie himself

@Pullstart might wanna check if you can find the exact specs for your pump.

I found that some pumps don't mind 4000 rpm but some model do not want to spin faster than 2000 or 1600 rpm.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
23 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

@Pullstart might wanna check if you can find the exact specs for your pump.

I found that some pumps don't mind 4000 rpm but some model do not want to spin faster than 2000 or 1600 rpm.

Also the per-revolution volume the pump delivers at working pressure vs. the volumes of your cylinders. Fill rate of cylinders (be sure to count both) determines lift speed and control sensitivity.

• Like 2