857lover

loaded sub frame build

857lover

so a long while ago i posted about building a loader subframe to fit a kwik way i bought    and i got a sub frame working to fit the mid mount and that clamps on the back of the transmission but i am wondering if i can bolt this to my subframe for the towers to sit on also where the towers should even sit  any help would be great 

A6BC4DCB-33C0-406A-A545-35FBEF7B5123.jpeg

7DCB4A79-7013-4874-A387-A78A06859B28.jpeg

Edited by 857lover
  • Like 1

Pullstart

That looks pretty good right there!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

wallfish

:text-yeahthat:

You can can always adjust it later on if needed

What's a dub rake ?

Pullstart

I just got my loader project out last night for some final welding and last mock up.  I have some over sized front tires to stick on and fluid fill, and rear tubes to likely do the same.

857lover
1 minute ago, wallfish said:

:text-yeahthat:

You can can always adjust it later on if needed

What's a dub rake ?

sub  frame :lol:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

If you can clamp or tack that cross bar in place, then bolt the loader frame onto it, cycle the loader up and down with the bucket at various angles and make sure it’ll clear the hood, you can open the hood enough for any needed maintenance, etc.  you want it close as possible to the front, to keep weight on the rear tire too.  Think of loading a trailer.  If the back of the bucket could lift up and over a 4x8 sheet of plywood, etc, that would be ideal.

As for counterbalance out back, you almost can’t add too much :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

wallfish

Ah ha,

You can also clamp the cross member to that sub frame and put the loader on, Make any adjustments before committing to drilling the holes

857lover
1 minute ago, wallfish said:

Ah ha,

You can also clamp the cross member to that sub frame and put the loader on, Make any adjustments before committing to drilling the holes

clamp it with what ? the cross bar is pretty heavy 

wallfish

C clamps

Seems like you might not have them.

How about jacking it up with a floor jack to the frame instead. When you put the loader on,  the bucket should be on the ground too so that should work.

Or use blocks of wood or anything you can find,

Edited by wallfish

953 nut

My subframe is located a bit further forward. Makes getting on and off the tractor for an old man like me.

168782210_102_3375(4).JPG.236ca402703fafa274f22496f59ba5c9.JPG

• Like 1

JoeM

Need to make sure the arms clear the wheels when the bucket is all the way in the down position, (front wheels off the ground), and the wheels turned and articulated. If your not installing this on a sweep axle machine, but might in the future, the swept axle machines need four more inches forward, plus have larger front tires. 

someone posted this a while ago. believe it will work on all newer wheel horses.

c6cb5b6d4939829e005ff309719ac809_zpsxp2avxjk.jpg.65b0f836309aa6adc119bba3d72da648.jpg