vinnyfish1

1984 c145 automatic ..K321 fuel pump

vinnyfish1

I have a 1984 c145 automatic that looks like a 2 year old tractor ....K321 engine..the only modification is an electric fuel pump.. It works fine  but why would a car guy..that loved this machine not replace the original fuel pump???? I am new to Red Square as a member but have been learning from you guys for several years...... Best to the point advice I have seen on a forum...ever

• Like 1

vinnyfish1

FYI : I bought it from a car guy

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

vinny,,,, wellcome to red square. I for one wouldnt mind if you posted a few pictures of that fine machine.

There could be many reasons a prior owner did what he did. If it runs good and you like it, enjoy it.

Glenn

Molon_Labe

I can see a real advantage with the electric fuel pump. Since the gas tank is located under the seat and so far from the carburetor they sometimes take a lot of cranking especially after sitting a few days. That would not be the case with an electric pump, instant gas to the carb as soon as you turn the key on. My C-161 is getting an electric pump this winter for just that reason. And :WRS: vinny

squonk

I had a C-145 that the pump went bad on. If I didn't have a new pump already sitting on the shelf, I would have installed an electric one. I have done that to my C-160 and it works great.

vinnyfish1

post-13864-0-31245500-1412542387.jpgpost-13864-0-87989500-1412542422.jpgpost-13864-0-62954600-1412542462.jpgpost-13864-0-03181200-1412542488.jpg

Thanks for the replies .... the fuel pump works great it just seems a little rich cold .....but I think that is normal for older machines ......I think I have just got use to the newer ones that run so lean....I am still learning how this old girl,s sounds  , smells , and how it feels win my butt is on the seat .....I think you are right  m-bailey on the fuel pump,,,, added somes pics picks for J-hawg

• Like 1

varosd

Looks great.  Add a snow blade, snow thrower, tiller...another tractor...          the addiction begins! :D

:text-welcomeconfetti:

vinnyfish1

It came with Blade... chains ...and wheel weight's ....sure would like to find a snow blower...they seem kinda hard to find ..even here in Indiana

pacer

Having been frustrated for some time with lengthy spinning of the starter trying to re-pull that fuel from the rear of the tractor, I get concerned about the starter getting too hot. With 4 tractors, sometimes one - or 2 or 3 - will sit for days or weeks between uses, once the fuel hits the carb they'll fire right off. I have just placed an order for 3 electric pumps - going on 2 C-175's and a D-160.

I added an electric many years ago to my D-180 and with a pause of 3-5 secs after turning key on listening to the clicking, it will fire off immediately.

Marv

I like my electric fuel pumps. I have three C111, C145, D200. Others will be getting electric as I work through them.

Marvin

Geno

Hello Vinny and :WRS:    

There are snowblowers floating around up there, I bought 2 near Indy a few months ago.  One will show up for you.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

jackhammer

Good to see your 145. Nice looking tractor.. :text-coolphotos:

Welcome to RedSquare , Hope you like it here. People always willing to help

Kegler

You have to be quick to keep Geno from sneaking up here and grabbing all our stuff.

• Like 2

Butch

Love those blackhoods!!

forphase1

I'm looking to replace a worn fuel pump on a '79 C-141.  For those of you who are replacing the old pumps with electric ones, is there a particular model that you've used and liked?

vinnyfish1

I am using a micro electric 42S fuel pump by MR. GASKET...about $40 .. 2 to 3.5 PSI . The guys here on REDSQUARE assured me it was the way to go . And they were correct

squonk

Napa 610-1051 is the same pump

vinnyfish1

Thanks Mike good to Know. I will buy the next one from NAPA and support my local small business man

vinnyfish1

While we are on the subject of fuel pumps .Has anyone tried using and electric pump on an ONAN with what I think is a Walboro carb with the vacuum fuel pump built into the carb? ....ONAN bf-ms /3265f ..16hp and bg - ms 2980a 18hp vintage 1977

cleat

I was wondering this as well. Lots of electric pumps on ebay. Which one is right ? Are they loud ? (I would not want the sweet sounding Onan to be overpowered).

vinnyfish1

The one I use on my 14hp Kohler is listed earlier in this post and it works very well...Also I posted asking about using one on a 18 hp Onan but got no response ....The two Onan's I have , have the vacuum fuel pump built into the carb . Not sure the work around on that but my thoughts are plug the vacuum pump/engine line that goes to the carb... install the E pump in line with the vacuum pump fuel inlet  and see how she runs  ..I plan on trying this sometime in between cutting grass , vacuuming leafs and shoveling snow..LOL

pacer

If you have looked on ebay you have probably seen the MANY choices of the pumps. I wrote in an earlier post about wanting 3 of them for my 2 C-175's and a D-160 - well like a lot of us funds were a bit tight around here and for 3 pumps I wanted to try and keep the cost down as much as possible. I finally decided to gamble on this - it ships from China, but its free and the cost is a mere $16. Well all 3 showed up the other day - took 2 weeks - and I have one on a KT17 and another on the K341 and they work just fine, thank you!! Yes there is a bit of 'chatter' but goodness you can hardly hear it, besides I like to let it chatter about 5-10 seconds to let fuel get back in the right places. I bypassed the manual pump on the 341 and left the KT17 pump in place. I snipped the plug end off and wired it conventionally - I pig tailed off the ign wire and grounded in the nearest convienentt place. I'm rather pleased with them...

$_57.JPG

• Like 1