dave24

sickle bar value?

dave24

i know that wh sickle bar mowers are hard to come by, but what are they worth. and also what tractors did they come on, rj's? suburban's? newer toro models?

MikesRJ

I believe WH made sickle mowers as early as 1960 (CBR-32) all the way through 1979 (7-1321), for nearly, but not all, of the models including the RJ's. They are rather hard to come by because only a relatively small amount of them were sold in the first place, and fewer survive today. Other manufacturers made sickles which could be mounted to later machines as well. Others will comment with more information.

I've seen them go for as little as a 100 bucks, and as much as $750.00. All depends on what the buyer is willing to pay, and the seller accept.

Here's my CBR-32 for my RJ-58:

061e.jpg

Finished-04.jpg

primerk5

My 1963 753 I picked up in June has a Wheel Horse Sickle on it. Thats probably half the reason I bought it.. And that was before I even knew they were rare. I thought it was a neat looking peice with the sickle hanging on it. Worst part about it there was a what looked like NOS but Aged, Wheel Horse Sickle at the same sale that only brought 125.00 or so.. It had almost all of its paint, and the stickers were mint. But, I was holding out for the 753 horse later in the sale line. Wish I knew what I know now.....

From everyone I've talked to they say its a rare peice. I Would say its probably been on it all/most of its life.. But, I doubt I'll ever know its history as many others.

IMG00251.jpg

IMG00253.jpg

The Chain holding the mower up was just temporary. A previous Owner had bent the bar that held the mower up to keep it off the ground futher. We were working on straighting it at the time.

• Like 1

Kelly

I've got 5 sickle bars most need work, I will have 2 maybe 3 when I piece them together, I paid as little as $60 for a rusty complete one, and as much as $150 for a incomplete NOS 50" bar and gear box, but I'd say in the $250 to $500 range is normal.

Huntemcd

I want a sickle bar for my raider 8.